Last Updated: July 24, 2020
On this page you will find:
- Our plan for transitioning back to school for the 2020-2021 school year.
- A link to our extensive Policies and Procedures document.
- A link to our most up-to-date Parent Handbook.
Transitioning Back to School Separation Plan
We know that many of our students, even our most seasoned, may face a period of adjustment when returning to school due to the unusual circumstances of being home for many months. Many will have a hard time separating from their parents outside of our school building, even if they have had little trouble separating in the past. Some may have a difficult time adjusting to masks or other program changes. Our teachers and staff will be especially attentive and sensitive to the emotional needs of your children during this time. As always at the Beth El Early Learning Center warmth, compassion, patience, kindness, and love will guide our professional response. Teachers will comfort students and model resiliency skills.
We strongly encourage parents of children in our Early Childhood Program (2s, 3s, and 4s) to introduce your child to wearing a mask well before the beginning of school so they will build a comfort level and become accustomed to wearing it before the first day of school.
Our thoughtful transition plan includes:
- All of our staff will wear badges with photographs of their smiling face so children can recognize the person behind the mask.
- August 24th -28th - All Staff Professional Development Week includes Policies and Procedures for COVID-19 and Emotional Support for Children During this Difficult Time
- August 24th -28th - Individual Teacher Phone Calls
- Teachers introduce themselves, learn about your child and discuss goals for the school year.
- August 26th -28th – Individual Student Virtual Meet and Greet
- These meet and greet sessions will be scheduled individually to give each student a time to meet their teachers, get a private tour around their classroom, and say hello.
- August 25th – 26th - Welcome Back to School Videos posted for students
- This video will introduce our administrative team, school building, and share what they can expect on their first day of school as we welcome them!
- August 26th – Recorded Story Time Videos from your child’s classroom teacher.
- August 27th – Virtual Parent Orientation
- Join all together as a school for a group presentation followed by individual classroom Zoom sessions where your child’s teachers can share individual classroom information, give a virtual tour around the classroom and give parents the opportunity to meet each other.
- August 28th – New Family Meet and Greet Oneg
- Details to follow in an invitation to all the families joining the Beth El Early Learning Center for the first time.
- August 29th – Virtual Welcome Back Tot Shabbat
- Join Rabbi Greg, Cantor Michelle and some very special guests as we welcome the school year by celebrating Shabbat together.
- August 31st , September 1st and 2nd – Staggered School Start
- To help ease the separation process and ensure that children can receive extra individual attention we will divide classrooms into 3 groups. Groups will be assigned either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday to attend for their first day. On Thursday all children will attend together.
- You will receive details about your child’s assigned day in an upcoming email with along with their classroom placement
Policies and Procedures
You can read our extensive Policies and Procedures for COVID-19 guide here, which includes information about drop off and pick up, daily health checks, social distancing, and more.
Revised Parent Handbook 2020-2021
Read our most up-to-date version of the Parent Handbook here.
Deferment Option Plan 2020-2021
Click here to view the Deferment Option Plan.
We are looking forward to a great year!!