Beck Family Campus in Boca Raton
Temple Beth El Beck Family Campus is a LEED Silver certified education facility, the first Jewish educational facility in Florida to achieve this certification! This is not only beneficial for the environment, but for the children and families that learn and play here every day.
- Six new classrooms for the Early Learning Center and Religious School.
- Kehilla (Community) Center for enhanced educational, spiritual and cultural programming. The space will also house a full catering kitchen so that members can rent the room for catered events such as Bar/Bat Mitzvah parties.
- Teen and Youth Lounge for our active youth engagement program.
Multiple Outdoor Play Areas
- Playgrounds, basketball court, splash pad and shaded picnic pavillion for a variety of children's and family-friendly activities.
Improved indoor air quality
- Special HVAC (heating, ventilation and cooling system) pulls out excess humidity and reduces the circulation of germs. The system improves the air quality by pulling in fresh air instead of recycling the existing air like a traditional system.
Sustainable Building Materials
- Building materials are Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound), which emit fewer chemicals and toxins into the environment compared to regular building materials.
- Big picture windows in the classrooms and the huge canopy over the walkway make for a better learning environment. The diffused light reduces heat, and is more pleasant than direct light. Studies have shown that children learn better with more natural light than fluorescent light.
- The green grass in the courtyard is artificial which doesn’t require water, pesticides, chemicals or fertilization.
Recycling and water efficiency
- Children learn to take care of their environment with recycling bins, dual flush toilets and motion sensor faucets and lights.